Write for Us
We are always looking for experienced writers who can write good original quality posts on TechChunks.com. Please contact us if you would like us to consider you. Make sure you give us details of your own blog or a link to some articles you have written.
Benefits for Writer
In return you will get full credit for the post, an author section with a bio and your website will also be linked at the bottom of every post you make. You can see an example of the bio section at the bottom of every post on TechChunks.com. Please note that we do not allow contributors to have control over their own accounts (due to WordPress security risks). You will have an author account, you will have freedom to set your author bio details (maximum 1 link) and you will have your author bio displayed below EVERY post that you write for us. But WE will publish your posts via your author accounts and will NOT share the login credentials with you.
[Please note that we have very strict guidelines regarding quality, grammar and spelling and hence every post that you write are subjected to editorial proofreading. However, if we find a post to be very inferior in quality we will simply reject it and will NOT publish it.]
Rules, Guidelines and Incentives
– Each article should be informative and relate to Technology, SEO, Blogging, Social Media, Gadgets or Tips & Tricks in some way. The reader should come away knowing something they did not know before they read it.
– Each article should be interesting to read. This does not mean that every piece of writing needs to be filled with wisecracks, but it shouldn’t be dry as toast.
– Each article needs to be original! This means you can’t drop by TechCrunch and copy their list of 40 coolest gadgets in 2010! This also means that you can’t reproduce your own blog posts here.
– Lists of cool sites that have something in common are ok (with screen shots), reviews of popular sites or cool new services are ok (as long as they aren’t yours!), tutorials are EXTREMELY welcome, and tips, tricks, simple how-tos, news like stories (technology-related) and information on helpful resources are all acceptable.
– Any images used in the post cannot mess up the design of the site. As a guideline, the image should be 500 pixels in width and 300 pixels in height.
– Every post made in this blog is linked to directly from the home page of TechChunks (remember, the homepage sends through a PR 2 value to the pages it links to), it is also tweeted on our twitter account (we’ve got around 34,000 or so twitter followers right now (our 2 accounts combined) and all of our posts are submitted directly to Friendfeed)
– If you write 5 or more blog posts for us per month, you will get a permanent sidebar listing on our blog’s main right side navigation (there will be a new section for Top Contributors on the side bar).
– If you write 10 or more blog posts per month, we can discuss additional publicity and monetary benefits ($$$) for your website/blog and you.
– You may still link to each of your posts from your own website or blog so that your own readers can still follow all of your work.
– No affiliate codes or referral links are allowed in posts.
How do I get started?
If this deal sounds good to you, then contact us with the following info:
– Your Name, will appear as the author name.
– Your e-mail.
– Your blog url.
– One or two examples of something you have written about before.
– If you would like to become a regular author or a part-time author.
– The kind of topics you’d like to write about on TechChunks.com.
– 2-4 Sentences About You (To be used for your author Bio section).
– Your Avatar/photograph if possible (To be used for your author Bio section).
Once we verify and approve your candidacy we can begin working together from there.