Just hours after unleashing Google+, the search giant’s social networking brainchild to answer Facebook, Google has shut down the invitation process to Google +. In fact, Google closed off invites after just a few hours of opening floodgates to the masses saying that the demand was ‘insanely high’.
If you are someone who received the Google+ invite, joined the esteemed hoard of ‘selected few’ beta testers whom Google hand-picked but had not sent as many invites to your friends as you would have liked before this shut down happened, then here is hope – there is an easy way (hack/loophole) using which you can still bring your friends in to it while Google has a lock-down on the service.
How to Invite your Friends for Google+ ?
Without further ado, here is the easiest trick (hack) to send Google+ Invites to your friends. If you have already joined Google+ and want to share with your friends and family, here’s what to do:
1. Ensure that the friends you want to invite to Google+ is already in your Google contacts. If that is not the case, first add their email IDs to your Gmail account contacts list before proceeding to the next step.
2. Login to your Google+ page and from your Circles page, create a new circle [lets call this circle as 'Invites' or anything else you like]
3. Now, drag all your friends into the newly created ‘Invites’ circle.
4. Once you have done the above, its time to share something with the friends that you added to the ‘Invites’ circle. TO do so, create a status update (it’s called a ‘Share’ on Google+), ['Inviting Friends to Google+'] and then add the circle ‘Invites’ into the ‘add people’ box (Next to +1 and Comment links). Alternately, you can also paste the Gmail addresses of friends you want to invite in the ‘add people’ box and share the status update.
5. Your friends will receive an e-mail that asks if they want to learn more about Google+. When they click the link in their e-mail, they’ll be prompted to join Google+. That’s it. You have successfully sent invites to your friends to join cool new Google+ even if Google is NOT allowing any new invites at the moment.
Try this trick yourself and let us know if it worked. By the way, TechChunks team is on Google+ right now and we will be glad to send you an invite. If interested, leave a comment and we will be glad to invite you to Google+.
1. It may take up to 48 hours to receive the Google+ email.
2. We checked with an Google employee and he confirmed that this loophole may or may not work for people ‘based on their Gmail account’s age‘! So for people who could not use the invite email to join, your email account age might have been a factor!