In today’s era, digital data is easier to store, transfer and analyze but what if you have some important files and data stored in your computer and accidentally delete it? Worst still, what if you had used SHIFT+DELETE out of habit and it meant that instead of going to the recycle bin, the files and data got deleted permanently? This is a nightmare of epic proportion. But don’t press the Panic Button; not just yet!
The good news is that even though to have deleted it, your deleted data is still on your hard drive. So, how to retrieve your deleted data? There are many free data recovery software in the market. Today we will be reviewing EASEUS Data Recovery Wizard Free 11.0.
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Free Review
Though there a Mac version, here we’ll review the Windows version of this data recovery software. In our trial, the installation was a pretty straightforward Next and Finish process. Size of the software is just 16.1MB for Windows and the latest version is 11. The software takes up to 41MB of disk space after installation. It is free of adware till now so you needn’t worry about additional software getting installed while you run the setup. Moreover, there are no search engine or homepage changes of your browsers, indicating that installing this software doesn’t cause any search engine or browser home page hijacking issues.
After installing you get 500MB of free data recovery limit which can be increased by 1.5GB by sharing their software on social media on Facebook, Google Plus, and Twitter. You just need to share it once on any one of the given websites. This way if you want to use the Free version you can recover maximum 2GB of data.
Specification: EASEUS Data Recovery Wizard Free 11.0
Supported Platforms: Windows XP, Windows Vista (32 bit), Windows 7 (32 bit), Windows Vista (64 bit), Windows 7 (64 bit), Windows 8, windows 10
Software Version: 11.0
More About EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard
- EASEUS Data Recovery Wizard Free 11.0 can be installed by both Windows (10, 8, 7, Vista, and XP) and Mac users
- Using this data recovery software, you can browse through the deleted data/files in a Windows Explorer-like manner, as well as by file type and by the year and month that the data was removed
- The results of a data recovery scan can be easily backed up and then recovered in the future so you can recover deleted files at a later time without having to re-scan the entire drive once again
- Deleted files and data found by EASEUS Data Recovery Wizard Free 11.0 can be sorted by their file name, deletion date, and file type
- Though a deep data recovery scan takes a bit longer to finish versus a regular, quick scan, the deep scan can check the drive more thoroughly and list out deleted files
- Windows users of EASEUS Data Recovery Wizard Free 11.0 can recover files from not only Windows file systems but also from drives formatted with the Mac HFS+ file system
- EASEUS Data Recovery Wizard Free 11.0 isn’t difficult to use (no confusing settings or screens)
- This data recovery software can preview files before recovering them
- Multiple files can be un-deleted (recovered) at the same time using EASEUS Data Recovery Wizard Free 11.0
- Only 500 MB of data can be recovered for free. An extra 1.5GB can be recovered by sharing on various social media. But if you need more than 2GB of data to be recovered, you’ll have to upgrade to the Pro version.
EASEUS Data Recovery Wizard Free 11.0 can be a bit slow in some operations like deep scanning, and it didn’t always locate the correct files in our tests. However, it’s packed with a lot of easy to use features and very configurable, and hence it is well worth having around just in case of data accidents.