The Android Phones were at the center of attraction for many like us with their great potential to be the #1 Operating System for Smart phones. There has been a lot of fuss about the Android phones and the competition between them. Manufacturers are trying their best to deliver new and innovative androids day by day and the users are still expecting better set of android phones as compared to their previous counterparts.
In order to make it easy for the consumers to choose the best Android phones currently available in the market, we are going to share the best android phones of 2010 with our readers. We would love to receive comments and suggestions from you, in case we have missed anything from the list. So, here we go:
1. Google Nexus One: Did I surprise you with the name Nexus One? Relax, it is no mistake. Personally, I feel Nexus One is an android device which was under-rated and people preferred other non-android phones like iPhone over this unique product from Google. We did say that Nexus One was a failure but that was purely based on the sales and market shares and not on the performance of the gadget. This phone is a good one with really fast processor, fantastic battery life and the list goes on. What makes this device a killer phone is its wide array of cool apps and multi-touch capabilities. You compare this device to iPhone and it falls apart on its face. Forget the fact that iPhone was ever released and this may be the deal for you.
2. The HTC Evo 4G: This is a 4G device from the HTCs that ships with 8MP camera, YouTube’s HQ player, Android 2.1 with sense from HTC (HTC Sense). User interface is really better in this HTC phone. The screen size of this android phone, the speed, Internet browsing experience does explain its class. However, this gadget fails to impress with battery life, lack of voice dialing with Bluetooth and a few more. It provides a big screen with a lot of space to play with, though and that is a good thing for any mobile phone gamer.
3. Samsung Epic 4G: Impressive Qwerty keyboard, front facing camera, 5MP back camera with LED flash etc makes it better as compared to its previous counterparts. A Super AMOLED touch screen and a 1GHz Hummingbird Cortex A8 processor make it a beast. Users can have fun with the virtual keyboard along with the slideout Qwerty Physical keyboard. The main area where this gadget falls apart is its weight and price. Big one with a Big price tag on it!
4. Motorola Backflip: Bored of flipping it? Then do a backflip! This is the most fresh (wish I could use the word, freshest) design in the world of Android phones. Moto has introduced a trackpad behind the display for navigation. This device is great with bright display, squared keys with a lot of space in between, excellent sun direct visibility, MOTOblur interface and many more. But, it could surely have been better in its design;,better battery life and a faster processor.
5. Acer Liquid E: This model is known and loved for its design, rounded edges, cute responsive screen powered by Android Eclair 2.1 within, fast performance and a 5MP camera in it. Acer has worked on it and the battery life in this is really good as compared to other Androids. The ranges of connectivity options look promising. Although this phone has a lot for its users, it’s a letdown because of its wide structure, which is quite uncomfortable to carry around.
BONUS! Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 mini pro: So, What’s this exactly? How is this different from its cousin Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 mini? There is the extra slide-out keyboard in it, which makes it slightly bulkier than its previous cousin. The browsing experience is good and overall performance is really astonishing for a small (tiny) phone like this one. Some say, it runs on Android 1.6. But, that’s not all. Sony is releasing a 2.1 update for it in Q4 of this year. My personal suggestion; Go for it, give it a try and you will be surprised.